The conference was held at University House which is located at: 1 Balmain Crescent,
New Acton, Canberra, ACT 2601. Information about the venue and local attractions follows:
University House is described as the ceremonial heart of Australia’s National University. It is a boutique hotel with a university vibe set in the cultural precinct of New Acton, an area that features restaurants, modern hotels, cinemas and galleries.
The grounds stretch down to the sparkling waters of Lake Burley Griffin. There you will find bicycle hire, cycle tracks, canoeing and sign-posted walks.
It was spring in Canberra in October (although not always spring like this year), and some attendees took the time to attend the Internationally renowned Floriade Festival, which is situated between the Parliamentary triangle and New Acton. For other attractions in the Greater Canberra area please visit tripadvisor
Canberra is the capital of Australia. From the inner city you can be in stunning native bush land within twenty minutes.
What is available to do in Canberra
- Australian Botanic Gardens – www.anbg.gov.au
- Australian War Memorial – www.awm.gov.au
- Canberra CBD – www.canberracentre.com.au
- High Court of Australia – www.hcourt.gov.au
- National Gallery of Australia – www.nga.gov.au
- National Museum – www.nma.gov.au
- National Zoo and Aquarium – www.nationalzoo.com.au
- Old Bus Depot Markets – www.obdm.com.au
- Old Parliament House – www.oph.gov.au
- Parliament House – www.aph.gov.au
- Questacon– www.questacon.edu.au
- Telstra Tower – www.visitcanberra.com.au
- The Urban Walkabout http://www.urbanwalkabout.com/canberra